Manchester (and the beeb) treated me good!

At first it felt as though I was en route to a business meeting or something (mostly due to how smartly I was dressed and going straight from church), I hopped on a train to a city outside of London that I've never been to before in the hopes of gaining crazy amounts of information that I would note down constantly. 

I arrived in probably the most luxuriest hotel room I've stayed in in the UK, and I immediately thought of what my mother says to me now and then; "these treats and special moments are only a fraction of the amazing things to come when you continue to work hard". I loved that. I loved the fact that it happened at a time where my attitude and drive still remained in check. 

I looked forward to meeting my professional trainers at the BBC academy and funnily enough, I didn't even think about the people that I would meet and work with in my training group!



We remained in each other's company throughout the week and I can honestly call them the most driven, passionate, good-hearted, hard working people that I've ever worked with in such a large capacity. 

(Photo by @ashfranroy)

I can't say too much in detail about my training week for obvious reasons, but I am currently in the process of making my October vlog which will show some of my time in lovely Manchester being trained by the BBC academy in Salford's Media City UK! 

Training was incredible. I've been a trainee at BBC Radio 2 for only a week and I feel like I've learnt so much more; week 2 better watch out!

#happyasalways


Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment