Workshop time!

Following on from the graduate fair that I went to earlier on in June, I kept contact with News International, another incredible place I could potentially land in after graduating. I was invited to their workshop on Friday 23rd August 2013, and thoroughly enjoyed it!




I thought it would be like any other workshop, where we'd be given loads of advice and tips on how to reach each of our journalism goals. This was nothing like that! We were treated like journalists - we were based in a newsroom and had to report a LIVE 'incident', with bits of information coming through at least every 5 minutes! Not to mention being on the clock and having to construct 250 words of an article. There was a lot of pressure; but the buzz I felt was awesome. It's what I want to do! The time was up and I was content with what I had written. My article on the "Birmingham Explosion" is below

The workshop then ended and became a chance to network and speak with the other people who had also attended. All of them were students, from very good universities - it was great networking and even giving tips myself to students at Oxford on how to get yourself out there experience-wise!!

Awesome day. 
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment