BBC highlights of 2015

For the entire year, I've been blessed enough to work full time at one of the world's biggest organisations. I look back and sometimes ask "what kept me going?" - all the crazy shifts, meetings, interviews, talks, networking meets, presenting on air and on tv, all the awesome events, meetings, connecting and even becoming friends with the most hard-working people I've met. 2015 at the BBC has honestly been so rewarding, in so many ways. Crazy thankful. Let me pop a few photos below as my visuals seem to be a lot stronger than words. :)


During my time at BBC radio 2 earlier this year, I was always keen to explore other radio station channels and see how they work. I had connected with an assistant producer who works on Woman's Hour, and was invited to sit in on a beyond brilliant show with them. Gosh, the amount of work that is put in for a 1 hour show..it's a lot!
I moved from one show to the other after a set amount of time spent with each team in the show at radio 2. The people I worked with in the afternoon show were the last people I'd imagine to mesh so well with (as well as the presenter). It was so sweet and thoughtful of them to give me a goodbye card as well as a cheesecake. It genuinely makes me well up thinking about it. Ah, the feeling of appreciation is such a wonderful thing!
Working on live shows meant still coming in on public holiday days. My alarm clock went off at 5:30am on Good Friday and Easter Monday to go to work; now that's definitely a first! :)
Radio training courtesy of the BBC academy, and being able to record my own show/podcast. I was slightly nervous at first but now that I'm at community radio regularly, it gives me more confidence when speaking on a live radio show with limited amount of time.
Queen Peggy Mitchell!! I fully waited 5 minutes to have this pic with her. Long live the original landlady of Albert Square's pub!
Randomly doodling around radio 2 studios and seeing my country's capital was a "oooooo that's so interesting" moment
Early commutes to work that were actually quite refreshing! You really do get so much out of the day.
Forever grateful for such an incredible platform that openly supports me in gaining more skills across various areas at the BBC. Definitely need to utilise this place more regularly!
Summer!!! Meeting my friend for froyo on a lunch break whilst gazing upon Oxford Circus (shortly after this pic was taken, a lady walked past us - bare foot. Guess it was really hot then!)


The legend and sweetheart that is Dermot O'leary. One of the nicest guys I've ever had the pleasure of meeting and working with as he danced 24 hours straight for charity!

Ping pong outside of work on a 23 degrees day. Why not.

During the time of the elections; what a time to be working on a current affairs programme!




Filming for BBC Trending! Such a surreal and enjoyable experience. Loads of fun! (and outtakes)

When your brother comes to your work, whilst he's also working on a show, at your work. B)

Fully lost count of the amount of strange, large and shocking things I've randomly seen displayed outside of New broadcasting house. Always a fun experience!


One of the things I'll forever love and miss about working at BBC music..enjoying live music..for free! Loved Lianne La Havas' live set.


Juke box selfie..why not!

Colleagues that get you birthday cards :')


After work drinks; current affairs selfie!!

Simon Webbe. Enough said! <3

The only work place where I've ever been allowed to wear headphones whilst working
5:55am selfie with The World Service' best journalists after coming on air after an awesome show!



Prepping for Radio 2 in Hyde Park


My "I've been at the BBC for a year" selfie :)


Claudia Wink and Tony Blackburn in lots of glitter at Radio 2 in Hyde Park

In the infinity room after a hectic but majorly enjoyable day #R2HydePark


Anneka Rice' weekend breakfast show. Yep. Got in at 5am. On a Saturday.Eek! #headwraponfleek


BBC Manchester (prob the most lushest building) for a day of journo training


Chatting with my lovely editor at BBC Africa and being caught by a friend via snapchat


Sarah Jane Crawford's leaving do...was invited after a casual chat with her for a couple of hours..what a hard-working and lovely presenter


We won the Black History Month quiz selfie! :)

The beyond and always beautiful views from the top of NBH

The next 1xtra DJ??? Lmao
Worked with this bubbly woman on her Arts Show and loved every moment. Really hope she won't kill me for putting this up!
First day at new job in BBC TV, it's only right I purchase a bag too! 

Creative Access, so so thankful for this place!
The DG...Tony Hall
Christmas do followed by karaoke, so much fun!
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment