Giving > Receiving

I love helping not only the people that are closest to me, but those that are A LOT less fortunate than myself. 

Through the encouragement of charity fundraising and compelling television adverts, I decided to give monthly donations to cancer research UK (anyone on this planet can have it), UNICEF (helps hundreds of countries worldwide that are in need of desperate help, and oxfam (helping people suffering from a lack of the MOST BASIC ESSENTIALS such as water!! Crazy)

What I love about oxfam in particular, are the newsletters and posts that they send me, letting me know how far my money is going and what help it's doing, which is awesome. 




I can't wait to do so much more as I further my career path as a journalist. One of the many things I've dreamt about is visiting less economically developed countries and rather than advertising how much help the people need, but actually DOING something whilst I'm there. Something I quite frankly remember not being seen on TV. 

I also want it to remind people that if they feel as though donating to a charity isn't enough, how about you doing it yourself, and seeing the change you're making with your own eyes!

Giving > Receiving. 
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments: