Why am I making documentaries?

My boss from one of the publications I write for asked me this question. It struck me for about half of a second and I blurted out my exact thoughts at the time. I said:

"It's a way of me showcasing my talent, not only for the public to see but for me to analyse my growth as I gain more skills by producing things that will be involved in my future career. These two documentaries in particular have always been in mind and I thought hey why not! A journalist is everything publicly related and as I eventually want to present documentaries, I thought I'd try making a few which turned out well! The homeless documentary was certainly a bit sporadic lol but all in all as I'm young I like showcasing my talent in different ways to see what suits me best for the future. So I guess that's what this process is about; learning and growth whilst doing something I love."

I'm so grateful to have been asked this question. As my boss said, NEVER forget your "why?"!!

#Focused
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment