My first time hosting an event!


My lovely church created a brilliantly thought out idea of creating a talent show of people with a range of different talents such as singing, dancing, a comedian performance, and drumming. I was asked about 10 days before the show to be a co-host.

I was happily surprised to have even been asked! I knew that I definitely needed to do this, as I hope to also do presenting in the upcoming years.

It's crazy and almost reminds me of how I felt at the TV presenting course I attended last month at 01 Zero One. When being put in front of a camera and having to present something, I felt a lot different to how I looked later after watching myself back.

I always tend to embed this feeling that I could have done a lot better, so whilst presenting The Blazing Factor, I had felt that I could have been a bit more confident and interactive with the crowd. However, after watching back footage, I did exactly that! I didn't twiddle my thumbs or show a face of discomfort or shyness. It was all in my head!


If anything, I was over the moon and really happy that my passion for presenting was properly shown to the audience - because in the end that's all that matters. They are the real judges. And they saw something in me! What I gained from audience members as feedback: I was relaxed, smiley, clearly spoken, confident, and myself. Many of the traits I always hope to convey when showcasing my own talent.

I loved every moment of presenting even with the minor mistakes made (presenting a special guest as an act by accident lol!). I would definitely do it again and feel like I need to do more so that I can later on discover even more skills within myself. Growth is everything.




Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment