Pursue Your Passion Media Meet Up

I mentioned a few months ago on the blog about the exciting new projects and ventures I'm working on (http://hannahajala.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/i-busy-but-busy-with-purpose.html)

One of them being the PYP (Pursue Your Passion) - a mentoring scheme created by a friend Rachel and I, with the aim to empower, inspire and support people towards chasing their career paths. We both believe this is an important part of our purposes; Rachel coming from a Law background, and Media for me. 

So we spoke and I decided that through the several links I had gathered, PYP ought to have a media meet up! Basically meaning anyone with an interest in pursuing a career in media gather together for a discussion and workshop!

Step to step of the day:

1) A brief intro into PYP, what it's about, and how in our very little spare time, we are more than happy and willing to help others! As long as they have a rough idea of the career path they hope to pursue. Even though we are from Law and Media backgrounds, we also have contacts with people from other industries that we will also partner up with.

2)  Get each person to introduce themselves, what they’re doing, what they’re interested in, and what they hope to get out of PYP

3) Talk about myself and story/general experiences getting into my career/why I love the media/facts about the BBC. Then Radio Online and TV

4) My longest running mentee so far, Rosetta, speaks about her interning experiences and how she’s finding it/interviews/creatingher own media to show future employers.

5) Icebreakers; Get people (match accordingly) to speak with one another:
A bit about yourself and what you’d like to develop a passion for
What are you going to work on to help you reach closer to your goal?
What advice you would give the other person

6) Give motivational talk letting each of them know I'm there for them - and personal advice also. Then to hand out feedback questionnaires!



Overall, it was a great day! I was so grateful for the feedback given to me. It's about empowering others and giving them a confidence boost in knowing that hard work and drive can get them to where they want to be!




Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment