My beautiful connections of 2015!

Anyone that knows me personally knows I absolutely love to network like crazy! Even when exhausted after a long day, meeting and connecting with new people is a big love of mine, it expands my connection base as a whole, and it's awesome saying I personally know and speak to people from not only the BBC, but CNN, ITV, MTV, and more.

I'm blessed enough to have a strong base of close friends as well as family, but these people have become more than connections, but great friends of mine also that I met this year. Hopefully they won't cringe at this! Haha! In no particularly order here goes it...

Cris
http://www.ic3mag.com/2015/11/one-night-sleep-out-for-young-homeless.html 

I met Cris in the first few days of January, after agreeing to become part of our new innovative platform, ic3 - we met over our first meeting about launching the online magazine. We always joke about meeting for the first time, and how I thought he'd be the complete opposite to how he turned out to be. After a few sentences, we immediately clicked and got along so, so well. Since then we are constantly in contact, making each other laugh and building a beautiful friendship. He's broadened my interest in photography and even the idea of one day, travelling alone. His outlook on life and general 'hippyness' inspires me, and I'm so blessed to have gained a brother like Cris!

Phoebe
http://phoebeparke.com/

The first time we met was hilarious. Me being my wacky networking self after a few glasses of wine, I boldly approached Phoebe exclaiming that I'd definitely seen her face before...on a billboard. She immediately freaked out and started asking how and where I could've seen her face...on a billboard?! I finally came to my senses then realised her face is familiar, from a twitter profile pic...where she followed me a few months before meeting her in person. Awkward! But super funny. It's been so nice not only being able to connect with her on a professional basis - she's at CNN, I'm at the BBC, but fellowshipping together at Ladies Who Fellowship, and building a sweet and genuine friendship in general! She's a sweetheart and I'm blessed to have met and got close with her this year.

Ra'ed
https://www.gofundme.com/roadtosamos
As well as being a flipping humanitarian G which I had no idea about when I met him, I didn't expect to meet such a sweet and warm soul in Ra'ed. Within a few moments of speaking, we realised that we shared the same birthday! Now that's special. I met him at a networking event, where I was my usual bubbly self, then later became upset by a comment someone had made to me. Ra'ed was super kind about it, and never fails to make me smile. Only later on did I then realise that he regularly takes time out to travel miles and miles to help, clothe and support refugees that have suffered due to the migrant crisis. His documented journeys reminds me how much more beautiful people in this world like him, still exist. Thank God for his life! 

Amrit
http://amarettosworld.tumblr.com/
Amrit!! We always scream when we see each other it's hilarious! I met her shortly after her starting at BBC Asian Network. Not only is she such a bubbly, wild, beautiful and spontaneous soul, but her work ethic is INSANE. She's always on the go, travelling one from bbc building to another, working on live events, interviews, giving talks, reviews, working hard across all the social media platforms she looks after, and works full time, as well as maintaining a good social life. It's so inspiring to see a young gorgeous lady like Amrit do her thing and make the most of each opportunity - people like this only go higher and succeed whilst on the journey towards greatness. Wishing this babe nothing but the best.


David
http://arisemaggospel.com/
I connected with David through my mentoring scheme page Pursue Your Passion. He could see the things my cofounder Rachel and I were hoping to achieve, and was keen to interview us for the magazine he's an editor of! Rachel and I thought 'why not?', and gave it a go! Not only was he infectiously polite, smiley and giggly, but he does so much on a daily basis! He works a very rewarding and admirable job at UBM, he has such a warm outlook on life and is living proof that you can serve and have a driven career path at the same time.

There are many others who I've honestly been so blessed to have met and connected with this year, but these beauts popped into mind and I had to also show them love! Ask yourself the same question: who are you so grateful to have met and surrounded yourself with this year?




Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment