The transition from radio to TV

So it's almost been 4 weeks - and indeed they have FLOWN! It's been a really enthusiastic, intense, and enjoyable entrance into the world of TV. 

I am a researcher at BBC Development Central, a television hub known for creating and developing brilliant television programmes and ideas that have the ability to sell worldwide. 

My day-to-days include:

Contributing ideas for BBC television programmes; sourcing contacts and contributors; collecting, verifying and preparing information for film and television productions.

Working on a wide variety of programmes or within one subject area. (Not just in BBC documentaries as I originally thought!)

The work involves organising, planning and researching everything that will happen during the programme such as who will be interviewed, the location, if the film crew will fit, if the budget will stretch etc.

It's a lot. I constantly have a million tabs open on my desktop. It reminds me so much of when I was in the process of researching and finding loads of sources for my documentaries. The research process has to be well executed, and as the researcher, I have to be confident in ensuring the information I'm passing on is accurate and valid. 

I'm so grateful for everything and it's incredible knowing I was able to make the transition from radio (my traineeship) to news radio & online - to TV! It's crazy when you try to figure out how to navigate through life. Sometimes just let go and let God!

 #Learning

PS. I'm planning to start getting a lot more visual with my own work in the new year; kinda miss doing interviews and I'm currently in the process of finally getting a snazzy camera. Stay locked!

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment