Week 2 at Tv3 Ghana

As I forcefully wrote in my journal, it's time to get more practical! My supervisor Yaw at TV3 was definitely aware of this as he said that my personality contains 'a lot of energy'! I was ready to be pushed further on board and truly tested. Indeed I was tested!



A mixture of tiredness, patience, waiting, tenacity, and courage was experienced. After assisting with the production team whilst filming 'The Pulpit', I definitely gained a sense of what it would be like being in front of the camera. 

Jamestown children

Week 2 began in the popular area of Accra known as Jamestown; 'the British Accra', which contains a really deep and cultural feel of Ghana. Jamestown is one of the oldest districts in the city of Accra, and is also home to thousands of people. Whilst filming there for promotion of the World Cup, the residents of Jamestown were absolutely buzzing as the TV3 team and I had interviewed the likes of two well known personalities in Ghana; Slim Buster who is best known for his dancing skills as well as afrobeats music, winning awards such as the Ghana Music Awards in 2002.



Heavyweight boxer Bukom Banku also made an appearance and showed off his impressive dance moves! Quite annoyed I didn't photograph him but it was awesome seeing how much his talent is recognised in Ghana, as well as his hometown Jamestown, which he regularly visits. 

The heat that day was indescribable. Working under extreme weather conditions played as a way of testing my strengths and perseverance within this field. I loved every single moment of it. 

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment